Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome family and friends! I thought Adam and I should start a page of pictures and insights into our new home and lives out in California. For Christmas, my mother- and father-in-law gave us a digital camera in hopes of turning us into "picture" people; unfortunately I am originally a Holash and admittedly awful at remembering to document the events of our lives. BUT, I'm going to give it a whirl. (Debbie, I hope this makes you proud!)

Adam is currently depolyed again somewhere over in the Middle East and his departure this time was very different from the first one now that we have actually become used to seeing each other on a daily basis! The highlight of both of our days has been the evenings when we would get to come home to each other (that and my husband will always have dinner ready!). I am doing just fine and trying to keep busy. I tend to either be in San Francisco, completely submerged in work and trying to keep the Gap in style (well, at least the Canadians), or riding BART and reading, which I have committed to reading 27 books this year. So far 7 down and several hours to go! And of course there is our sweetheart Emmit who consistently keeps me entertained. (Though last night he surprised me and chewed up my favorite pair of mary-jane heels... needless to say, Emmit and I had our first fight.)

Adam and I tried to make it back to Texas twice so far this year and both times to no success, so I am currently soliciting any visitors who would want to come stay with me (seriously) and keep me company while Adam's away.

I also should mention I thought it a good idea to start this webpage to use as a bulletin board so anyone who wishes may leave Adam notes of encouragement as he continues to serve our country, proudly, far away from his family and friends and those of us who love him the most. I promise to post pictures of our little home and newfound friends to keep him (and you!) current on what Emmit and I do daily at "home" in Concord, California. Hopefully, this will make the world seem just a little bit smaller when he needs it to.

We both look forward to hearing back from you all! (People now give me funny looks when I say y'all!)



Much love, Kimberly

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I'll be the first to post. Tell your little kitty bad call on the shoes... obviously he does not know who he's messing with. I am trying to make it out soon! I promise. Krissy and I will sit down soon and hopefully figure something out. Adam -- I hope everything is going well over there! And as Kinsey call-ins would say, come home!! (and soon, for Kimberly's sake!) Texas misses ya'll! Hopefully third time's a charm!?

Karly

Tres Jiménez said...

Way to go, blogger! I love your wedding photo at the top and look forward to seeing some of your photo adventures. Hi Adam, we're thinking about you wherever you are, we are taking good care of your sweetie!
Tres Fontaine

kristina said...

I must say, after meeting Emmitt last weekend I am appauled at his thoughtless actions! Sounds to me like no more sunbathing on the patio will teach him who's boss! Adam, great job on rigging up the apartment before you left, I think Kim is probably in the safest apartment in the East Bay!!! Best of luck out there, be safe and know that we are all praying for you and a safe return home asap!
Kristina Eastman

adam.c.welch said...

Hey to everyone from the other side of the world. Thanks to everyone who's posted something; it's great to hear from people back home. Things here aren't too bad. I am staying pretty busy flying, which is good because it makes the time go by faster. It's not that hot out here yet, but it's starting to warm up. By the time I leave it will be well over 120F, but hopefully not anytime too soon. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers for Kim and I. Hope to see everyone soon.

Jody said...

Kimberly,

Saw your Mom this weekend in Austin. A group of ladies came from Illinois. We saw the SPAZMATICS on Saturday Night. They were fun!. Thanks for including me on your blog list. Adam our thoughts and prayers are with you on a regular basis. Come home soon!

Jody Gullifor

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimberly and Adam. Well, this is a big day for me...first time to blog! I just love all the pictures. Adam, I have to admit that the pictures of Emmit are my favorite. I can't wait to see your little fur ball when Grammy and I come to visit next month! Stay safe Adam...Terry and I look forward to seeing you both this summer. Love you both, Mom

Anonymous said...

I knew I would screw that up...didn't mean to be anonymous!!!

adam.c.welch said...

Why doesn't it surprise me that the first pictures to show up on our blog are of the cat. It could have been pictures from our wedding, our apartment or even our new couch, but no we have to show the world our "crazy cat person" side. Love you.

Unknown said...

no pictures of me either? just joking kim. good talking to you today.

adam let's practice, bat whistler...