Monday, April 14, 2008

Emmit

First off, I should introduce you to Emmit. Emmit was (and still is) the only addition to our little family. We got him at the Berkeley Animal Shelter when he was only 12 weeks (he's the liberal one of the bunch). We named him Emmit after our hometown hero (Emmitt Smith) and the Dallas Cowboys just to remind us a little bit of home; that and because he's black and also likes to dance. This little kitten has saved my life. He got me through Adam's first deployment when we had only been married a month and a half. Now, he's still my little baby that I can't wait to come home to.
Even Adam likes this cool little dude. :) (Sorry, Dad and Mike!)


Adam swears that I love this cat more than I love him, and he's probably right. I mean look at that little face!
Unfortunately, all kittens grow up so fast and turn into cats (that destroy shoes), but we still love him all the same. This is the pic that gets him back for tearing up my shoes. Emmit loves boxes... apparently any kind.


Somebody's about to get in trouble...

I also immediately taught Emmit where to help Adam pick out his gifts for me. Adam's not too pleased the only store Emmit knows how to say is Neiman Marcus.

My two favorites in the world. :)

Oh, Emmit! We love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kim. There are more pictures of Emmit than of Adam! How come you didn't write about how Emmit can say "momma"?

Unknown said...

Emmit is the cutest baby there ever was....even cuter then mine. want to switch??

Anonymous said...

Is emmit back to normal after the crazy kid left? I think Daisy really enjoyed the break she says thank you to Emmit :)